The Native Establishment Benefit provides establishment coverage on newly seeded native forage acres. Coverage is offered on a dollar per acre basis and is subject to a deductible of 15 per cent of the total liability.
These terms and conditions set out special conditions of the Native Forage Establishment Benefit insurance program to help you understand the coverage provided. Please refer to your statement of insurance for specific premium and production guarantee information.
Conditions of Insurance
- Acres must be seeded by June 20.
- You must consult with the Ministry of Agriculture to discuss best management practices for establishing native forages.
- You must provide a copy of a certificate or report of seed analysis and seed tags.
- Seed must be a minimum of common No. 1 for varieties or equivalent standard for non-graded native forages.
- Seed must be free of Downy and Japanese Brome.
- Acres that are broadcast seeded are not eligible for insurance.
- Native forages seeded with a cover crop will not be eligible for insurance.
- Customers must follow recommended agronomic practices for establishing native forage.
SCIC is committed to developing a financially sound insurance package to meet the needs of forage producers. Producer input and co-operation is essential to the growth of this insurance program. SCIC encourages all forage producers to discuss their needs and concerns with the Corporation.
Download PDF Version
We have made a PDF version available for you to download and save to your device. This version is also printer friendly.Click here to start the download »