The Saskatchewan Crop Insurance Corporation is a provincial Treasury Board Crown Corporation established by an Act of the Legislature.
As joint federal-provincial programs, Crop Insurance and AgriStability are subject to the following acts, regulations and agreements:
- Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP),
- Farm Income Protection Act (federal),
- Canada Production Insurance Regulations (federal),
- The Saskatchewan Crop Insurance Corporation Act,
- The Saskatchewan Crop Insurance Corporation Regulations,
- The Livestock Price Insurance Program Regulations (provincial),
- Federal-Provincial AgriInsurance Agreement,
- Operational Document related to the Canadian Agricultural Partnership:
- Federal-Provincial AgriInsurance Agreement, Income Tax Act (federal),
- Financial Administration Act (provincial),
- Federal/Provincial/ Territorial Agreement with respect to AgriStability and AgriInvest,
- AgriStability Program Guidelines (federal/provincial) and Canada- Saskatchewan Bilateral Agreement Implementing the Livestock Price Insurance Program.
- The Wildlife Damage Compensation Program is governed under the provincial Farm Financial Stability Act and Wildlife Damage and Livestock Predation Regulations.
SCIC has complied with the provisions of these authorities.