Producers share stories how SCIC program work together for their farms

360 Coverage

What will my insurance cost? Try our "What-if" calculators to complete generic coverage and premium calculations.

Learn more

Filing a Claim

Producers experiencing crop damage should contact their local customer service office or call 1-888-935-0000 to register a claim.

For weather derivative programs, claims do not have to be filed; they are automatically calculated based on weather station data.

Wild rice claims also do not have to be filed. Claims are triggered when a region’s reported annual production is less than the average historical production. The claim will be calculated based on the number of acres you insured in that region and the coverage level selected: 50, 60 or 70 per cent.


With CropConnect, you can securely manage your account, file your forms and so much more.

Access CropConnect

Filing a Forage Claim

If you are in a claim position, contact your customer service office immediately so an adjuster can be assigned to assess your crop. Claims must be reported by September 30. Your total harvested production information must be submitted before you can register a yield-loss claim. Claims filed between October 1 and November 15 will have indemnities reduced by 25 per cent up to a maximum of $1000. Forage claims will not be accepted after November 15. If you have any unharvested acres as of September 30, you must request an extension of insurance. An extension of insurance will only be granted to November 15. There is no insurance coverage after November 15.