In order for SCIC to provide exceptional service to the producers of Saskatchewan, we have to take care of our team.
Benefits vary by employment status (permanent, temporary, unionized and management).
Health and Wellness Benefits
- Comprehensive Dental Plan: 100 per cent employer paid premiums.
- Comprehensive Extended Healthcare: 100 per cent employer paid premiums.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program: access to free, voluntary and confidential counselling resources for all SCIC employees and their families.
- Long Term Disability Plan: income replacement to employees who are disabled by illness or injury.
Work & Life Benefits
- Public Employees’ Pension Plan: a defined contribution pension plan, where employees’ 8.6 per cent contribution is matched by SCIC, providing a total contribution of 17.2 per cent; after one year, SCIC’s matched contribution is locked in and vested!
- Group Life Insurance: a subsidized plan; basic life insurance coverage is two times employees’ base salary and increases as salary increases.
- Paid Sick Leave and Vacation: employees receive paid sick days and paid vacation, earned at 1.25 days per month.
Career and Education Benefits
- Career Planning: SCIC provides the tools and training you need to drive your professional development with both informal career plans and formalized succession planning activities
- Employee Development: we offer online and classroom training programs to support your personal growth and career development needs
- Education Sponsorship Program: we provide employees the opportunity to receive financial assistance for tuition, textbooks, and examination fees for relevant education
- Mentorship Program: whether you are starting your career, transitioning to a new position, or seeking further growth, you will grow professionally by partnering with another employee who will share their knowledge and experience.
SCIC staff can contribute to the culture and actions outlined in the greater organizational strategy, and at the same time, develop skills in leadership, strategic thinking and cross-organizational teamwork.
Committees making an impact at SCIC, focus on:
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Professional Growth
- Agriculture Awareness
- Corporate Culture