You're In Control
Feeder Cattle Coverage
With Western Livestock Price Insurance for feeder cattle, you’re in control. Select the coverage that works for your operation and lock-in market price protection to avoid unexpected declines. Feeder price insurance is available year-round and coverage can be purchased every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.Learn More . . .
How to Participate
Purchasing livestock price insurance is a three step process:
1. Complete an Application
- To participate in the Western Livestock Price Insurance Program, producers are required to complete an application.
- Download and fill out the forms available at www.wlpip.ca (or at any SCIC office).
- Submit completed forms to your local SCIC office.
2. Application Approval
- SCIC will review and approve the application and forward it to the WLPIP administrator for processing.
- You will then receive two emails from the WLPIP administrator; one verifying account set-up and another containing your activation key (required to purchase policies online). Please note, it can take up to two business days to receive the activation key.
3. Purchase Insurance
- Online: Online purchasing is available with a credit card. Use the activation key to establish your online account through www.wlpip.ca. Once an online account is created, you are able to purchase policies, monitor premiums/coverage levels, pay premiums and file claims.
- By phone or in-person: Producers also have the option to purchase livestock price insruance by phone or in person. Visit your local SCIC office or call 1-888-935-0000.
If you are having any problems accessing or purchasing your WLPIP policy online, please contact your local SCIC office.