If you are having any problems accessing or purchasing your LPI policy online, please contact your local SCIC office or call 1-888-935-0000.
For more information or to access the LPI Portal visit lpi.ca
How to Participate
Purchasing Livestock Price Insurance is a three-step process:
1. Complete an Application
- To participate in the Livestock Price Insurance Program, producers are required to complete an application.
- Download and fill out the forms available at www.lpi.ca (or at any SCIC office).
- Submit completed forms to your local SCIC office.
2. Application Approval
- SCIC will review and approve the application and forward it to the LPI administrator for processing.
- You will then receive two emails from the LPI administrator; one verifying account set-up and another containing your activation key (required to purchase policies online). Please note, it can take up to two business days to receive the activation key.
3. Purchase Insurance
- Online: Online purchasing is available with a credit card. Use the activation key to establish your online account through www.lpi.ca. Once an online account is created, you are able to purchase policies, monitor premiums/coverage levels, pay premiums and file claims.
- By phone or in-person: Producers also have the option to purchase livestock price insurance by phone or in person. Visit your local SCIC office or call 1-888-935-0000.