All SCIC offices remain temporarily closed to the public until further notice.
SCIC continues to operate and offer support to Saskatchewan producers through our Business Risk Management programs.
We will contact you before an inspection to ask questions regarding the claim. SCIC staff will not enter your home or buildings on your property. We will always maintain a minimum two metre distance from you and others.
SCIC staff will complete field inspections alone. If you would like to accompany SCIC staff, please take a separate vehicle to and from the field.
Finalizing a Claim
If you are present for the inspection, SCIC staff will verbally discuss the results while outdoors, maintaining a safe physical distance. If you prefer, we can also discuss the results over the phone after the inspection.
Once the claim is complete, SCIC staff will email you a copy of the paperwork. Please respond to the email to provide your acceptance of the claim results.
To file a wildlife damage claim, please call 1-888-935-0000 to speak with a SCIC representative.
If wildlife damaged your crops:
• You will be asked to draw a map where damage is located. The map can be sent by email or text.
• SCIC staff will then complete the inspection.
If your livestock is being preyed on by wildlife:
• You will be asked to email or text pictures of the carcass or kill site.
• The pictures will be reviewed and approval of the claim will be determined.
• If an inspection is required, a SCIC adjuster will conduct the inspection with appropriate physical distancing to determine the claim results.
The Wildlife Damage Program provides compensation to all Saskatchewan producers. You do not have to be a Crop Insurance customer to be eligible for compensation. No sign-up is necessary!