Registration is Now Open! Enrol Today.
Registration is now open for the Livestock Set Aside Program. Prior to filling out program registration forms, producers are encouraged to click the “Start” button below to arrange a call with an SCIC representative. Our SCIC representatives can walk you through program details, assist you in completing enrolment forms on our secure portal, and answer any questions you might have.
Terms and Conditions
Livestock Set Aside Program
Program details on the Livestock Set Aside Program are outlined in the Terms and Conditions. Participants must agree to Terms and Conditions of the Program prior to enrolment.
Click here to read the Terms and Conditions >>
Set Aside Program Details
- Weekly Enrolment Applications: Please complete the Registration Enrolment Form. An enrolment form will need to be completed for each week a participant wishes to set aside livestock. All forms will be time stamped. Once approved, livestock will be placed on the Livestock Set Aside Program for 63 days with a mandatory 30-day minimum duration.
- Enrolment Hours: Enrolment applications must be submitted between Monday, 8 a.m. through to Tuesday, 5 p.m. Central Standard Time.
- In the event of a statutory holiday falling on the enrolment dates, enrolment applications will be extended one day. Please refer to the Calendar of Program Dates for a list of these statutory holiday dates.
- Enrolment Decisions: An Advisory Committee, consisting of SCIC, the Ministry of Agriculture and livestock industry groups will review and approve all enrolment applications. You will receive a weekly confirmation indicating whether your enrolment application is approved or denied.
- Approved Enrolment: Upon enrolment approval, your set aside start date begins the subsequent Monday.
- Denied Eligible Lots: Eligible lots not accepted for the current week will be prioritized the following week, unless you choose to remove lots.
- Denied Ineligible Lots: Lots will not be eligible if they do not meet program Terms and Conditions.
- Notice of Intent: You are encouraged to provide advance notice of enrolling cattle into the Livestock Set Aside Program. This two-week notice will assist with managing enrolment capacity within the Program.
- Early Release: If you wish to request an early release from the Livestock Set Aside Program, our team of experts at SCIC can walk you through this process. Our customer service representatives can assist you in completing the necessary documents. Producers are encouraged to call the toll free number, 1-888-935-0000 or email email@example.com to request a call back if they wish to request an early release.
Individual Animal Information
Within 15 days of enrolment acceptance, the individual animal information is required. Information can be submitted by a file (.xls or csv) or by downloading and submitting the Individual Animal Information Template.
Required information includes:
- lot number,
- feedlot tag,
- net weight and,
- date of ownership or days on feed.
- For cattle, mandatory minimum average weight net of four per cent shrink in the a.m. and five per cent shrink in the p.m.
- For bison, mandatory minimum average weight net of seven per cent shrink.
Producers are encouraged to direct inquiries to SCIC's team of experts. Please call the toll free number, 1-888-935-0000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Share Your Information Securely
JoinSCIC (Kiteworks) is a secure file-sharing solution that enables you to securely and easily share your files. Participants will upload all Program documents into this SCIC secure web portal. The email address supplied on the Registration form will be the point-of-contact for all JoinSCIC communication. SCIC staff is available to assist participants with set up of their JoinSCIC account. If you do not receive email correspondence within one business day, please check your junk folder and follow up with SCIC.
- To access the secure JoinSCIC web portal, visit connect.joinscic.ca
Mobile device users have the option of downloading an app, available for IOS and Android users. Notifications can be turned on to ensure they receive an immediate alert of submission of documents.
About The Program
The Governments of Canada and Saskatchewan announced up to $10 million in additional funding to assist livestock producers with managing the impacts of COVID-19 related market disruptions. The support includes up to $5 million for Saskatchewan’s 40 per cent share of the costs associated with participation in the national AgriRecovery set-aside program. On May 5, 2020, the federal government announced its 60 per cent contribution to the Program. Saskatchewan livestock producers will now be able to access a total of $12.5 million under the Livestock Set Aside Program.
Registration Enrolment Form
Notice of Intent Form
Provide advance notice of enrolling animals into the program.
Individual Animal Information Template
Within 15 days of enrolment acceptance, the individual animal information is required.
Interim Payment Application
Submit this application to request interim payment.
Early Release Request
Contact SCIC to withdraw your enrolment of cattle or request an early release from the program.
Calendar of Program Dates
Livestock Set Aside Program program days, including enrolment application days, notification days and Statutory Holidays.